Call us : +389 2 2403 411 // Email us : info(at)

Spouse Visa

Spouse Visa

Spouse Temporary Visa - Subclass 309 or 820 and Permanent Visa - Subclass 100 or 801

Visa application

The Partner visa application is the only one that when submitted it is reviewed for a temporary and a permanent visa depending on your circumstances

Planning levels

The Department of Immigration plans to grant about 50,000 Partner visas each year

About this visa

This visa allows you to enter or remain in Australia on the basis of your married or de-facto relationship with your partner:

  • on a temporary visa (usually for a waiting period of approximately two (2) years from the date you applied for the visa)
  • on a permanent visa if, after the waiting period (if applicable), your partner relationship still exists and you are still eligible for this visa.

Your partner must provide sponsorship for you.

Who is this visa for?

This visa is for you if you want to enter Australia on the basis of your relationship with your partner. Your partner must be one of the following:

  • an Australian citizen
  • an Australian permanent resident
  • an eligible New Zealand citizen.

What does this visa let me do?

With this visa, you may:

  • enter Australia and stay here until a decision is made about your permanent Partner visa
  • work in Australia
  • study in Australia, but with no access to government funding
  • enrol in Medicare, Australia's scheme for health-related care and expenses.

If you are later granted a permanent visa, you can:

  • stay in Australia indefinitely
  • work and study in Australia
  • apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)
  • sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
  • receive some social security payments
  • travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted

Book you FREE consultation

Scroll to Top